The Tour Down Under thrives in the heat of the Australian sun, just like the Prevail II and the Australian Budgie that inspires our latest Down Under Collection. So, feel a bit of that Aussie wind in your hair with this limited colorway Prevail II. When we set out to improve the original S-Works Prevail, we knew that we had our work cut out for us. How could we improve on the industry benchmark for fit, ventilation, and comfort? By listening to our riders—that’s how. Through this, we realized that there were a few aspects of the original Prevail II that needed to be changed, with the biggest request being for a lower-sitting design.
Our new ANGi Crash Sensor gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before. When combined with our iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with our app and STRAVA to provide GPS-based activity tracking.
We've teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
We thought to ourselves, "thinking big shouldn't result in bigger helmets," so with the Prevail, we set out to prove that big ideas can come in smaller packages. It all starts with our patented EPS construction that relies on multi-density foam that's paired with a robotically woven, Aramid-reinforced skeleton. This comes with a reduction in the overall size, creating a smaller profile that fits lower down on the head for a better fit and safety.
It also has deep internal channels that are aligned from front-to-rear, so the air intake and exhaust are optimized for unparalleled cooling over the entire head. And in the Win Tunnel, we found these new designs amounted to six seconds saved over 40km when compared to a "standard" road helmet. Another standout feature of the S-Works Prevail II is the Gutter Action System that manages the flow of sweat, keeping it away from your eyes and dripping it off of the pads over your temple. In the end, the S-Works Prevail II is the most complete lightweight race helmet we've ever made—perfect for hot, mountainous rides and flat, windy sections alike.
- This season our Down Under Collection has been inspired by the speed and color of the Australian Budgie. As this noble little bird, and much of Australia’s wildlife, suffers from devastating bushfires, Specialized is donating $100,000 USD to support wildlife relief efforts.
- Integrated ANGi crash sensor, with a lifetime subscription to the Specialized Ride App
- New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets
- Patented Energy Optimized, Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy
- Patented aramid-reinforced skeleton provides internal EPS support
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
- Mega Mouthport optimizes cooling and sweat evaporation
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions
- This limited colorway is inspired by the blue, green, and yellow plumage of the Australian Budgie
|Down Under 2020 / Large||888818639786||60920-0154||210000025358|